- All eligible returns must have a receipt of purchase.
- After receiving the bike/item, you have 7 days to notify us regarding a refund or exchange. We do not accept returns or exchanges after 7 days of receiving the bike/item.
- The customer will be responsible for securely packing the bike/item.
- If needed, we will send you a shipping label and schedule a pick-up for returns or exchanges.
- The bike must be in the original box, and securely packed.
- The bike must be in the same condition you received it, without any damage.
- Damaged bikes will not be accepted, and the customer will be responsible for any damages incurred during shipping due to improper packing.
- Once we receive and inspect the bike, we will send an email notifying you that we received the items and will proceed with processing the refund or exchange.
- Pre-orders can be canceled and fully refunded at any point before receiving the order, and up to 7 days after receiving the item according to our return policy.
- Used bikes/items are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
- It is within MOD BIKES discretion to accept or deny the return or exchange of items.
- Refunds can take up to 14 days to process once a returned bike is received and approved for a refund.
- MOD Bikes is keeping the right to charge returns a 25% restocking fee.
- All claims for damages should be made to our Customer Service Department at email@example.com immediately upon receipt of damaged foods. MOD BIKES reserves the right to deny claims that are made after 7 days from the purchase date, as well as to any products that have been altered, modified or otherwise tampered with.
- All orders are shipped for free to the lower 48 states. Please contact us for information regarding international shipping, or if you live in HI or AK.
- All orders are usually processed within 2-3 business days.
- In-stock orders typically ship within 3 days.
- Orders are not processed, shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- We do not ship to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- International shipments are subject to respective Duties, Taxes, and Laws.
- A shipping confirmation email with tracking number will be sent once the order has shipped.
- If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in the shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
- Self pick-up is available at our Austin location for no additional charge.
- We require the recipient’s signature upon delivery of all bike shipments.
Meet MOD Black
Any Terrain, Any Distance, Any Time
Designed from the Past, Built for the Future
Unleash the Power
Up to 28 mph
Up to 60 miles
90 Nm max
Samsung 557 Wh
MOD Smart Display
Our smart display was designed to give you access to performance settings adjustments so your bike can be tailored to your specific riding style. Through the settings menu, you can control advanced settings like:
- Change the settings of the pedal-assist system.
- Set a speed limit.
- Adjust the acceleration rate of your e-bike.
- Change the brightness of the display.
- Set a password to lock your e-bike.
From the main menu, you will have a clear readout of the bike status and useful information like:
- Battery Meter
- Assist level
- Motor Output meter
- USB charging port
Use a password to lock and protect your bike
Adjusts to your perfect riding position
Powerful LED Headlights
Illuminate the road ahead of you
Propelling you to 28mph effortlessly
Tough alloy kickstand built to last
Rear Tail Light
Powered by the battery
Accessories Mounting Bracket
Mount multiple accessories and modify your ride
Foldable Lock Mount
Integration to easily carry your foldable lock
USB charger `
Charge your phone directly from the smart display
Integrated Gear Sensor
Allows for more efficient shifting
Loud and crisp to make your presence known
Use the smart display to adjust the max speed, acceleration and more
Comfortable Selle premium saddle
EXA Form A5 Air suspension
Carry more or add dozens of compatible accessories
SR Suntour, 80 mm travel
One Size Fits All
Geometry & Sizing
Max seat height44″ in / 111.7 cm
Min seat height36″ in / 91.4 cm
End to end75.5″ in / 191.7 cm
Stand over height31″ in / 78.7 cm
Handlebar height44-46″ in / 111-116 cm
Frame length19.5″ in / 49.5 cm
Top tube length22″ in / 55.8 cm
Handlebar width27.7″ in / 70.4 cm
BIKE WEIGHT65.8 lbs / 29.8 kg
PAYLOAD CAPACITY265 lbs / 120 kg
PACKING WEIGHT70 lbs / 31.8 kg
PACKING LENGTH63″ in / 160 cm
PACKING WIDTH7″ in / 20 cm
PACKING HEIGHT33″ in / 85 cm
|Electric Modes||Torque Sensing Pedal Assist|
|Range||Up to 60 miles / 96 km|
|Speed||Up to 28 Mph / 45 Kph|
|Battery||MOD Samsung Powerpack – Li-ion 48V 11.6Ah (557Wh)|
|Battery Weight||7 lbs / 3.17 kg|
|Motor||MOD DRIVE 350W (Peak 650W) brushless Mid Drive, 90 Nm of torque – Shengyi|
|Display||MOD BIKES S2 Smart Display w/USB port|
|Charger||Sans 2A automatic smart charger|
|Charging time||3-6 Hours|
|Class||Adjustable Class 1-3|
|Headlight||Integrated wide beam LED 300 lumen|
|Pedal Assist||Smart 0-9 level torque sensor|
|Frame||High-performance 6061 aluminum frame black|
|Fork||Suspension fork SR Suntour XTC, 80 mm Travel, w/ preload and lockout|
|Brakes||Tektro – Hydraulic Disc with 180mm Rotors, Dual-Piston Calipers with Motor Inhibitors and Adjustable Reach|
|Rear Shock||EXA Form, A5-RR119|
|Rims||27.5″ x 25mm double wall rims|
|Tires||Kenda 27.5″ x 3.00″|
|Quick Release||Front- yes / Rear- no|
|Shifter||Sun Race – M4, 7 speed trigger shifter|
|Derailleur||Shimano ALTUS 7 speed|
|Freewheel||DNP 11-32 Power Gear nickel plated|
|Crank||42T w/ aluminum bash guards|
|Saddle||Selle Royal – free way gel|
|Handlebar||Aluminum Alloy, 700mm Width|
|Grips||Faux Leather Grips w/locks|
|Stem||Adjustable aluminum stem 0˚-60˚|
|Rack||Multi-purpose heavy duty W/ bungee strap, 55lbs payload capacity|
|Kickstand||Aluminum, heavy duty, adjustable, rear-mounted|
|Bell||Premium aluminum bell|
|Tool Set||Multi tool & Adjustable wrench|
|Bike Weight||65.8 lbs / 29.8 kg|
|Payload Capacity||265 lbs / 120 kg|
|Packing Weight||70 lbs / 31.8 kg|
|Packing Length||63″ in / 160 cm|
|Packing Width||7″ in / 20 cm|
|Packing Height||33″ in / 85 cm|
|Warranty||5 years limited|
|Fork & Suspension||18 months|
|Motor, Battery, Display||18 months|
I pre-ordered my MOD Black bike a while back and picked it up a few weeks ago. I made several trips to MOD Bikes before actually placing the order. Mike was always very helpful in answering all my questions. I never felt any pressure at all. He wanted to make sure I got just the bike I wanted. He explained how the bike was designed right here in Austin, which I liked. When I picked up the bike and went for my first ride, it was even better than I had expected. Even without the motor, it would be an awesome bike - very rugged and built with high-quality components. When I get on it to ride, and feel the help from the motor, I get a big dumb grin on my face that I can't help! It is so cool. It is so very smooth, it's not like the motor is helping, but rather it feels like you have super quad muscles. I know that sounds dumb, but you have to experience it I guess. There is a cadence sensor that gives you assistance that goes along with just how fast/slow you are pedaling, so it is very natural feeling. I actually got up to 31mph on my first ride in my neighborhood. I am very deconditioned from a months-long illness, and this bike, with the multiple, customizable levels of assistance is a perfect way for me to get back in shape. I've been using max assistance lately, and will slowly back off the amount of assistance as a regain strength. Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet, but I have no doubt it will be incredible with its full suspension and 3" wide tires. I am absolutely satisfied with my new MOD Black, and in knowing that I can just head right over to the shop on S. 1st when it's time for a checkup or if it needs anything. Get yourself one!
We’re so happy to hear you’re loving your new Frank! Welcome to the MOD BIKES family, and we can’t wait to hear how you use your new e-bike.
I purchased two different Mod Bikes right before Christmas. We bought the cruiser with the side car and the mountain bike (ModBlack). We love both bikes and my family of 5 are constantly riding this bikes and putting grandbabies in the side car. Very happy with the performance and quality of both of these bikes. The motors are strong, there are great options for customizing the ride with the excellent software. As much as I love the bikes, the service is even better. These are well-built bikes and you can trust that Mod Bikes will provide support if you have any issues. I highly recommend!
Thanks for choosing MOD BIKES for your new electric bike! We know you’ll love exploring Austin and beyond on your MOD Black Let us know if you ever need anything, and welcome to the e-bike family!
My wife had been talking about an E bike for a couple of months so I thought I would surprise her and buy one for her birthday. I began my research and I came across a local shop in Austin that had a lot of people talking on the net. I took her in and Mike instantly made us feel at home and welcomed. He explained the features of the bike, the company itself, and let her take one for a spin. She fell in love with the MOD Black bike and she rides it everywhere around town. I’m pretty sure the car will only come out when we travel now. Lol!
The customer support is ongoing and doesn’t end at the sell, you truly feel like part of the MOD family, and we enjoyed the product and service so much I even got one! My City+ will be here in May. And I can’t wait....especially because I can’t keep up with her these days! Thanks MOD bikes for EVERYTHING!
We’re so glad to hear your new e-bike was worth the wait, and thank you for your patience! We can’t wait to see where your new MOD Black takes your. Enjoy Austin, and welcome to the MOD BIKES family!
My Mod Black is a TOTAL game changer. I ride all over Austin with ease and still have a lot of battery leftover. The Mod Black crushes hills and trails, there really aren’t any limitations with this bike.
I first purchased the city+(which is excellent) and the Black is a whole other level.
My wife has an electric cargo bike that we bought in San Francisco before we knew of Mod Bikes and they have serviced it for us multiple times.
I can’t say enough about how high quality their products are and the customer service is even better.
Mod has a lifetime customer in me.
We’re so glad you’re enjoying your new electric bike! We think pedal-assist opens up so many new opportunities when riding a bike in Austin and beyond, and we can’t wait to see where yourMOD Black takes you.
Bottom line… I’m loving it The MOD Black has made my twenty-two mile round trip commute to work, three to four days a week, very enjoyable. My typical route to work consists of a mixture of riding on the street, protected bike lanes, and unprotected bike lanes. The power, full suspension, and built in lighting combine to make for a comfortable and confident ride. The support from Mod Bikes has also been fantastic. I have run into a few issues requiring attention. The issues have mostly been tune-up type issues, such as needing to re-tighten bolts that have come loose. Anytime something has come up, everyone a Mod Bikes has been very helpful in quickly and competently getting me the answers to solve the issue. I have ridden 600 miles on the bike so far, and especially with warmer weather coming, I am looking forward to putting many more miles on my MOD Black.
Thank you for the kind words! We know how important it is to choose the best electric bike based on how YOU want to use it, and we're happy to hear our Austin team was able to help you find the perfect e-bike. We know you'll love commuting on your new MOD Black. Welcome to the MOD BIKES family!